Epson Stylus RX580 All-in-One
Beginning today, the world of consumer photo printing takes a big step forward with the introduction of a new Epson Ultra Hi-Definition photo printer that delivers the ultimate professional-level prints to the home photo enthusiast at amazing print speeds. The Epson Stylus Photo RX580 Ultra Hi-Definition All-in-One uses some of the same technology that professionals rely on to produce beautiful and marketable art, the Epson Photo RX580 printer sets a new standard in the photo printer category. A key component of the new product line is Claria ink, the latest breakthrough in Epson’s long line of ink innovations, delivering superior image quality with Ultra Hi-Definition richness, depth and clarity.
Epson RX580 - Ultra Hi-Definition
With Claria ink and a newly designed print head, the new Stylus Photo RX580 All-in-One delivers the fastest photo print speeds of any previous Epson model, and print longevity that is superior to lab photos. The Ultra Hi-Definition printer offers a variety of convenient and user-friendly features, such as automatic photo correction, which automatically adjusts improperly lit photos and corrects skin tones for better-looking prints - it’s like having a trained photo lab technician inside the printer. This Epson model also prints directly on ink jet printable CDs and DVDs without messy labels.
Epson Stylus Photo RX580 - Restore photos
The Epson Stylus Photo RX580 all-in-one rounds out the new Ultra Hi-Definition product line, offering the same leading-edge image quality, performance and PC-free capabilities featured on the Epson Stylus Photo R380 and more. Beyond full-featured scanning, printing and copying, the Epson Stylus Photo RX580 allows photo enthusiasts to restore color to faded photos and create customized photo greeting cards. A built-in 2.5-inch color LCD makes viewing, selecting and editing images convenient and simple, providing a quick and easy way to print directly from popular media cards and Flash memory drives or digital cameras and cell phones via PictBridge connection or optional Bluetooth.
Epson RX580 All-in-One - Professional photo quality
“Just as HD created a new standard in consumer video, Epson has raised the bar once again for consumers who are demanding professional photo quality output in an affordable home printer,” said Steve Semos, product manager, Epson. “We’ve taken our experience in the professional photography market and incorporated many of those attributes into our new Ultra Hi-Definition printer with Claria ink to create the best consumer photo printer on the market, bar none. Now, printing Ultra Hi-Definition photos that can last for generations takes just seconds right at home.”
Epson Photo RX580 Ultra Hi-Definition - Highlights
The Epson Stylus Photo RX580 offers many innovative features to provide consumers with an advanced printing system right at home. Features include:
• Photo Quality Scanning: Scans everyday documents, receipts, photos, and more with 48-bit, 1200 x 2400 dpi resolution; also scans directly to PDF, a memory card
• Restoring and Reprinting Photos: Easily restores the color to old, faded and/or badly exposed images with or without a computer using its one-click Color Restoration feature; enables users to crop or enlarge pictures or change the colors of a photo
• High Quality Copies of Photos and Everyday Documents: Convenient PC-free copying feature enables users to duplicate high-resolution, borderless black and white or color photos, and quickly make copies of documents - 30 copies per minute
• Customized Photo Greeting Cards: Allows photo enthusiasts to create their own photo greeting cards without a computer; simply select a favorite photo from a memory card and combine it with customized text and designs using the scanner
• Claria Hi-Definition Ink: Provides the ultimate combination of photo quality and longevity for smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant prints that will last for years to come; supports a variety of media sizes and surface types to satisfy the discerning photo enthusiast
• DX5 Technology: Enables Epson’s patented MicroPiezo print head to deliver five sizes of ink droplets, as small as 1.5 picoliters, to produce microscopic droplets of Claria ink for grain-free photos; each nozzle discerns and adjusts the droplet size based on printing needs; multiple droplet sizes work together with six-color Claria ink to create greater tonal range for smooth gradations and accurate skin tones
• Faster Print Speeds: Epson’s breakthrough print head delivers a borderless 4"x 6” photo in as fast as 13 seconds (draft mode), a better-than-lab quality borderless 4"x 6” photo in as fast as 30 seconds (default mode) and everyday black and color text documents in up to 30 pages per minute
• Automatic Photo Correction: Adjusts photos automatically to create the best prints, correcting color for dark, backlit and washed-out photos, adjusting skin tones, enhancing the richness of scenery photos, automatically sharpening, and removing red eye; automatic photo correction is also available PC-free
• Direct CD/DVD Printing: Prints directly on ink jet printable CDs and DVDs, a feature offered only by Epson; customized designs can be created quickly and simply with the included Epson Print CD software and printed out in the convenient front-loading CD tray; CDs and DVDs print over the entire surface area from the center to the edge for a clean and professional look, eliminating the need for messy labels that can warp and potentially damage CD/DVD drives
• BorderFree Printing: Delivers beautiful BorderFree photos in 4"x 6”, 5"x 7”, 8"x 10,” and letter-size prints with no perforations or edges to trim
Epson Stylus Photo RX580 printer - Price & Availability
The Epson Stylus Photo RX580 will be available in October for an estimated street price of $199.99. This new Ultra Hi-Definition printer is both Windows and Macintosh compatible and will be available at major computer and electronics superstores and can be purchased through mail order, the Internet and Epson’s own retail site. The models are backed by the one-year Epson Limited Warranty and are supported by the Epson Connection, a customer support and technical assistance line.